General info & vacancies below:
We are always look foward to meeting new teachers and potential staff to join our team.
If you are new to our area or simply tired of hours spent in traffic to teach in the city maybe it is time for a change?
Can you achieve a balance between work and your personal life? We do here at WPS!
Waiuku has all the benefits of a friendly small town that is close to Pukekohe, Auckland, and the International Airport; with easy access to the stunning Awhitu Peninsula and incredible Kariotahi Beach. When getting away to the Coromandel Peninsula or the Bay of Plenty traffic is not an issue here. Waiuku offers all the benefits of living near Auckland without the stresses or costs…a perfect balance!
Please feel free to contact us if you are new to our area and are wanting to relieve or find full-time employment.
Simon Drewery – Principal
Position 1: Financial Executive Officer
Hours: 35 per week
Pay rate: $26 per hour
This position of Financial Executive Officer has the primary responsibilities of;
- Payroll (EdPay)
- Accounting (Xero)
- Invoicing (Hero Student Management System)
- Budget tracking, monitoring and reporting expenses
- Assisting the Office Manager during busy times and at the start of each year.
Read the Financial Executive Officer Job Description below for greater detail.
- Monday to Friday 35 hours per week 42 weeks a year (this can be annualized)
- 95% of all work is done during this school term. Some payroll and accounts payable are required as light duties during school holidays. This can be done from home
- 8:30 am to 4 pm
- Starting rate of $26.00 per hour
- Some training will be provided from the outgoing Executive Officer if the time frame allows. Additional professional development is available
- You will meet with the Board Treasurer the week prior to our Board Meetings to construct our Dashboard Reports
- You will work closely with the Principal and Office Manager
- Additional hours could be negotiated during busy times e.g. annual audit preparation | budget preparation
Application Process for Financial Executive Officer position:
- Write a letter of introduction explaining the skills that you bring and your suitability for this position
- Provide an up to date CV
- Complete and sign document 02 Waiuku Primary School Employment Application Form 2022
- Please email or personally deliver to the Office Manager by 3:30 pm on Friday 8th April 2022
- You are welcome to make a time to come in and meet with Simon and Sue prior to applying or to bring in your application
- If you have any questions please feel free to contact Mrs Sue Hewitt or myself
Posted 17th March 2022
Position 2: Painter & Maintenance – Interior and Exterior
Hours: 20 per week
Pay rate: $25 per hour
Equipment & consumables: Provided
Person specifications: All employees must be police vetted and of a good character to work in a school environment. They must be able to self manage, can communicate effectively and work in a team when required. The ability to work additional hours or cover for the caretaker when absent would be of benefit, but not essential.
Skills required: Experience as a painter or renovator is desired but is not essential. Ability to plan and work to a schedule required. Understanding of preparation of surfaces for painting and maintenance of paintwork, use of primers and paints for specific areas. Knowledge of tools required and how to maintain and looks after these tools. The ability to remain tidy around others and store materials safely away from children is essential.
Note: As this is a part-time position these 20 hours per week can be done with a high level of flexibility and outside of school hours. This will be negotiated on a week to week basis with the principal.
Please contact me on 027 232 3577 or email@example.com if you have any questions or want to meet to discuss your application further.
Posted 15th March 2022